Simpson FC62-5/97-R25 By-Pass Framing Fixed Clip 2″ x 6″ x 5″ 12ga (25/box)
Ideal for high-seismic areas, Simpson Strong-Tie® FC connectors are the optimal solution for fixed-clip bypass framing. FC clips are often welded to the structure in high-seismic zones, but they also feature anchorage holes so that concrete screws or powder-actuated fasteners can be used to attach the clip to the structure. In addition to its anchorage versatility, the FC clip features prepunched screw holes for the framing attachment, eliminating the need for predrilling holes or worrying that fastener placement doesn’t match the Designer specifications. FC connectors are manufactured using heavy-duty 10- and 12-gauge steel to provide exceptional resistance to in-plane seismic load.
- The clips come in lengths of 3 1/2″, 6″ and 8″ and are intended to be used with 3 5/8″, 6″ and 8″ studs, respectively
- The maximum standoff distance is 1″ for 3 5/8″ studs and 1 1/2″ for 6″ and 8″ studs
- Embossments in the bend line provide increased strength and stiffness in the F1 and F2 load directions, but are positioned towards the center of the clip so that 1 1/2″-long welds can be applied at the top and bottom of the clip
- Prepunched large-diameter anchor holes accommodate 1/4″-diameter concrete screws like the Simpson Strong-Tie Titen HD® screw anchor
- Prepunched small-diameter anchor holes accommodate powder-actuated fasteners like the 0.157″-diameter Simpson Strong-Tie PDPAT or #12 self-drilling Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive® XL Large-Head Metal screw
- Galvanized (G90)