Simpson SHH3/68 Steel Header Hanger Clip 14ga (12 Left and Right/Box)
The SHH steel header hanger is used to support traditional CFS box headers that are fabricated with top and bottom tracks, as well as large-flange lay-in headers that are common in curtain-wall construction. The connector geometry minimizes drywall buildup, and the screw count has been minimized through extensive testing. A wide array of value-engineered hole patterns are available that will accommodate different load levels while minimizing installed cost.
- The bottom tabs transfer wind load from the horizontal window header to the jamb studs and help support the header assembly during installation.
- Tabulated loads are based on component assembly testing, which assists to mitigate design risk.
- The SHH6 is manufactured in steel thicknesses of 54 mil (16 ga.) and 68 mil (14 ga.) that are intended for use with 6″-deep (min.) box headers, and the SHH3 is manufactured from 68 mil (14 ga.) steel and is intended for 3 5/8″ or 4″-deep (max.) box headers and large-flange lay-in headers.
- To enable easier drywall installation, the gusset portion of the SHH is coped to avoid 1 1/2″ (max.) track legs.
- The screw-hole layout at the jamb studs accommodates flange sizes of 1 5/8″, 2″, 2 1/2″, 3″ and 3 1/2″. This versatility allows the load to be evenly distributed along two lines of fasteners so that each jamb stud carries equal axial load with minimum eccentricity.
- SHH3?/68 — 68 mil (14 ga.), 40 ksi; SHH6?/54 — 54 mil (16 ga.), 40 ksi; SHH6?/68 — 68 mil (14 ga.), 40 ksi
- Galvanized (G90)
- At each connection to a jamb stud, use one SHH connector on each side of the header. A 1/8″ (max.) gap is allowed between the end of the header and the face of the jamb stud. Use all specified fasteners.
- SHH3/68-KT24, SHH6/54-KT24 and SHH6/68-KT24 are each packaged as boxes of 12 right-handed connectors and 12 left-handed connectors